External buoyancy, positioned low at the chine, together with the angular reverse-chine shape, 'cups' the water, providing great resistance to tipping. Curved flotation products do not have this force of resistance.
Performance at rest: use every inch of your boat at-will, with your boat responding with rock-solid stability.
Performance underway: travel side-on to swell, crossing waves at an angle, (which is gentler), while your Collar constantly balances your boat.
The sharp angle of the full-length reverse-chines of a Collar act like fins on a surfboard. Your boat gains lateral grip (won't slide sideways), and can track straight, easily keeping its true course.
This fin-like control, together with sideways stability and hydrodynamic lift (especially at the bow), keeps your boat stable and resistant to broaching. It will no longer get a mind of it's own and veer wildly off track.
Performance: overtake waves with confidence, knowing you're in control and your boat can handle it.
Boats with "Basic" or no flotation usually capsize &/or sink when flooded. Buoyancy placed around the outside of your hull gives you flotation that continues to balance your boat when flooded. Due to the high volume of buoyancy in Collars, they are extremely hard to submerge, so they keep the sides of your boat steady, counteracting the natural forces to capsize.
- Gear not tipped out & sunk with a capsize.
- Wait inside your balanced boat, for rescue.
- Motor ashore.
LIFT & SPEED
The spray you generate at speed gets trapped and pressurised under the inverted V of your new reverse chine. This lifts your boat in a similar way to a hydrofoil, because liquids cannot be compressed.
- Go faster through choppy conditions, using less throttle, with better fuel economy.
- Enjoy the softer ride of hydrofoil-action.
- Spray is turned down for your driest ride.
WHAT MAKES IT ALL POSSIBLE
The "Tuff-tec" foam we use for Boat Collars is custom-made especially for us, because it meets our specific list of criteria.
It is a polyethylene foam that has a closed-cell wall structure, in two grades of density: 35kg/m3 (light) and 100kg/m3 (dense).
Tuff-Tec foam for Boat Collars:
- Petro-chemical resistant (petrol & other solvents won't melt it).
- UV stabilised, to last longer in the sun.
- Closed-cell, so it can not absorb liquids.
- Has a harder, 100kg/m3 (dense) layer within, for stronger fitting & easier installation.
- Has a harder, 100kg/m3 (dense) layer on the outside, for durability and longevity.
- Has a 30+ year lifespan.
Points of interest:
- Can be painted (see Maintenance page for how).
- Can be fibreglassed over &/or treated with anti-foul.
- Comes in a "Tinnie Grey" colour as standard.
- Can be cut/trimmed with your hand-held, wood-panel saw (for DIY).
WHY INVEST IN A BOAT COLLAR?
Office: (07) 5441 3636
Mobile: 0423 499 047
58 Arundell Ave Nambour, QLD, Australia 4560.
Australian Patent # 2010201449. American Patent Application # 13/083,588 - Watercraft Accessory.
Marine Safety Innovations Pty Ltd.
ABN # 53 141 908 385
Australian owned & operated since 2010