1. KBC (Kapten Boat Collar, trading under Marine Safety Innovations Pty Ltd) is committed to protecting your privacy and personal information. We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to assist us in carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you. In this policy we explain how we collect your personal information, how we hold, use and disclose it and what controls you have over it and our use of it.
Collection of information
2. Personal information is information that identifies you or from which you may reasonably be identified. The types of personal information that KBC may collect about you includes:
- name, gender, date of birth and age,
- contact details, including personal and business addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers,
- "Wishlist" products,
- details about your purchases and orders from us and your product and services preferences,
- if you apply for employment with us, details regarding your employment history, educational qualifications and similar information.
3. The main ways we collect personal information from you are:
- if you purchase or order a product from us,
- if you visit the KBC office or if you contact KBC via phone/email, including to make an inquiry regarding our products and services, to make a complaint, to provide feedback, to seek a refund;
- if you are a supplier or service provider, in connection with the supply of products and services by your business to KBC;
- if you interact with KBC via social networking services;
- if you participate in any competition that we conduct;
- via our security cameras or other cameras installed in and around our office and factory (including car parks, pick up areas and entrances);
- if you engage, request or seek a quotation for a service from a third party that we use to provide a service to you; or
- if you submit an employment application to us.
Use and disclosure of personal information
4. We use and disclose your personal information in connection with carrying on our business, including to provide products and services to you.
5. KBC may use your personal information:
- to prepare invoices and sales records for purchases;
- to provide advice regarding our products and services to you (or arrange for others to do so at our request);
- to deliver our products and services to you;
- to consider feedback and complaints that you may make to us;
- to provide refunds and exchanges;
- to promote and advertise our products and services (including by including your feedback in our advertising) and to undertake competitions and events;
- to undertake possible product recalls;
- to monitor our sales of products and services and for quality control purposes, including undertaking customer surveys and analysis, or seeking feedback from customers;
- to undertake data processing, data analysis, market research or trend analysis;
- to monitor the use of our website, including web-based referral channels, data entered and user activity such as links clicked;
- to assist us to develop and deliver new products and services;
- to assist us in ensuring security, health and safety and customer protection on the KBC property (including car parks, pick up areas and store entrances);
- to assist us, our service providers and related companies in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities;
- to recruit our employees or engage contractors;
- for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
6. We work with a number of third parties in carrying on our business and may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties to facilitate the provision of products and services to you (including to facilitate repairs and customer recalls), such as to product manufacturers and suppliers, couriers and KBC fitters/installers;
- marketing, advertising and promotions services providers and event organisers in connection with KBC's marketing, advertising and events;
- third parties who provide services to KBC in connection with our business operations, undertaking data monitoring or data analysis activities, monitoring trends in customer preferences or transactions and the operation and maintenance of our website, as well as our online services or online applications;
- third parties who provide other administrative and operational services to KBC in connection with our business, including for example security service providers, market research or feedback collection companies, IT service providers, payment processers and collectors, mailing houses and card manufacturers;
- third parties necessary to assist us in investigating and preventing any potential, suspected or actual breaches of law or fraudulent activities
- law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties, where required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
- other persons disclosed to you at the time the relevant personal information is collected; and
- related companies of KBC
Transfer of information overseas (for overseas customers)
7. Some of our service providers, such as DHL transport company, are located overseas and may store information (including your personal information) that we provide to them overseas. Therefore the personal information you provide to us may be held overseas.
8. Personal information you disclose to us will only be held or processed overseas in accordance with all applicable law.
9. You have the option of dealing with KBC anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you deal with us in this manner, we may not be able to provide all of our products and services to you or interact with you in other ways set out in this policy. For example, we will not be able to deliver products to you if you do not provide us with address details for the delivery.
Security and storage
10. KBC will take reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information that we hold, including both paper and electronic records. We have security measures in place to attempt to reasonably protect personal information under our control from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
11. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, KBC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information transmitted by you to KBC over the internet.
Use and disclosure of personal information
12. You have the right under applicable Australian or New Zealand privacy legislation to request access to, and correction of, personal information about you held by KBC, at no cost to you.
13. KBC may require you to verify your identity at the time you request access to, or correction of, your personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
14. KBC will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time, but in any event by no later than 30 days after the date you make the request.
15. If KBC refuses to provide you with access to the personal information held about you, or if KBC refuses to correct that information, we will provide reasons for such refusal.
Questions and complaints
16. If you have a question or complaint about this policy, KBC collection of your personal information or the way in which KBC deals with your personal information, please write to Nyomi Jones of KBC at firstname.lastname@example.org
17. We will promptly investigate any complaint you make to us and attempt to resolve the issue. If you are not satisfied with KBC's proposed resolution of your complaint, or if we do not respond to you within 30 days of the date you make the complaint, then you may, if you are in Australia, contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone: 1300 363 992
18. KBC's website may contain links to other websites. If you access any third party website from the KBC website, personal information about you may be collected by that third party website. KBC is not responsible for ensuring the protection of any of your information collected from any such third party website. KBC encourages you to be aware of when you leave our website and to read the privacy policies for every third party website that you access.
How to contact KBC
19. You can contact KBC in writing or by email:
48 Arundell Avenue,
NAMBOUR QUEENSLAND 4560
Changes to this policy
20. KBC may update this policy from time to time. We may let you know of significant changes to this policy by posting a notification on our website or Facebook. The current version of this policy will always be available here on our website.